There are 72 credits required for the MBA/MENG dual degree program, 30 MENG and 42 MBA. There are 12 program required credits for MENG:
- ENGR 5311 – Professional Communication and Information Management
- ENGR 5312 – Engineering Project Planning and Management
- ENGR 5314 – Advanced Engineering Mathematics (Please Note that this course is substituted by a concentration elective for MSE students).
- ENGR 5300 – Capstone Project – Students are encouraged to work on a company sponsored project which would also benefit the participating sponsors.
The remaining 18 credits are concentration required courses in Civil (Structural), Electrical and Computer, Mechanical, and Materials Sciences and Engineering.
There are 33 core credits required for MBA:
- ACCT 5121 – Financial Accounting and Reporting
- ACCT 5123 – Cost Analysis and Control
- BLAW 5175 - Business, Law, and Ethics
- FNCE 5101 – Financial Management
- FNCE 5151 – Introduction to Economics, Financial Markets, and Information*
- MGMT 5138 – Managing Organizations
- MGMT 5800 – Strategy, Policy, and Planning
- MKTG 5115 – Marketing Management
- OPIM 5103 – Managerial Statistics
- OPIM 5110 – Operations Management
- OPIM 5165 – Management Information Systems
The remaining 9 credits are electives and can be in any field of business.
Students would be able to take one engineering class and one business class every semester. We offer classes during fall, spring, summer and intersessions. This allows students to complete the dual MBA/MENG program in just four years. Engineering classes are offered in Distance Learning mode and are accessible from anywhere in addition to our regional campus locations in Avery Point, Farmington, and Waterbury plus our corporate East Hartford location. MBA classes are offered in at UConn regional campuses in downtown Hartford, Waterbury, and Stamford.